A little surprise....


It was January 1st, and we had just got back from Bangkok after a lovely night of bringing in the New Year. Our little kitten was happy as a lark, and we were getting ready for bed. "I am thirsty, " I thought to myself, "and I think I will go and get a drink of water from the fridge." So off I went to the kitchen. The lights were off, so I turned them on, as is my custom of doing when the lights are off. I took the pitcher from the fridge and had myself a little drink of water. I put the pitcher of water back in the fridge after my thirst was quenched. "My leg is itchy," I thought to myself, as I reached down to scratch it. In doing so, I also looked down. That is when I saw the biggest spider I have ever seen in my life resting a couple of inches from my big toe. I jumped away from it, and it didn't even move. I told Jasmine that she had to come in and look at the massive girth of this spider, which she politely declined. I then took my trusty broom and killed it. Would you like to see this spider? Ok.....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


Imagine looking down and seeing this little guy right at your feet. Do you see its glowing eyes? I could have been killed. I have only seen one of these so far in Thailand, and I am hoping this is the only one I see. Goodness sake! I wonder if it is poisonous. Oh well, its dead now. Life can move on. I am just glad that I stumbled upon it, and not our cat, or worse yet, my wife.
1 Response
  1. Tim Says:

    Whoa. This is huge...and kind of gross. The glowing eyes look like death rays about to incinerate you. Whatch out!


Post a Comment