A Trip To A Thailand Movie Theatre


Yesterday Jazzy and I, along with our fellow Canadians Lesley and James, went to a movie in Pattaya. It was quite an experience. We payed our baht and went to G.I Joe. We went into the theatre, which consisted of these beautiful plush chairs, with plenty of space. The movie itself was terrible, but that wasn't Thailand's fault. At the start of the movie, there were previews, as well as Thai commercials (which were hilarious) and then came a tribute to the King. Everybody stood. I guess at the start of every movie there is a tribute to the King, and the national anthemn is played, and everybody has to stand. If you don't, it is considered disrespect to the King and is a jailable offense. So we stood. Then the movie started. For Jasmine and I to go see a movie, get popcorn and drinks cost us 349 baht, or roughly eleven bucks Canadian. Sweet. Still, for G.I Joe.....we grossly overpaid!!!
2 Responses
  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

  2. Tim Says:

    Scott, are you censoring your own posts now? You don't strike as a person who censors themselves. I know...pot, kettle.


Post a Comment